B17 Flying Fortress


Last weekend I finished making a copy of the B17 Flying Fortress that GE posted on Thingiverse earlier this year. To get it to print easier I split it up into individual parts instead of one printing plate and scaled it up 20% to max out the wing length on my Thing-o-Matic’s build platform. After some paint I think it looks really good.

Painting it turned out to be a big hassle. I tried using an airbrush, but I didn’t want to spend too much to start out. As a result, I spent less than $30 on the whole setup. Everything worked decently except for the little propellant can. I had seen warnings online about how poor those things were, but I figured it was an exaggeration.

It was not.