I’ve uploaded a new version of my bot to the AI Challenge site. My bot was, I believe, the 10th best Clojure bot before I updated my code and wiped out my rating. The new code probably won’t play it’s first game until early tomorrow morning. I put in a fix for the possible issue of my ants failing to defend their hills, giving my ants courage when they could see one of my hills.
The problem with ants getting trapped that I mentioned before actually bit me. In my bot’s 5th game, it’s first move was into such a corner. As a result, it did precisely nothing the entire match, until an enemy ant kindly came along and wiped me out.
At least that’s fixed now. New intelligence rating: very tired toddler.